The Town of Porter Historical Society Museum, located in the Youngstown Red Brick School built in 1892-1903, displays the early history of the town, incorporated in 1812, and the village of Youngstown. Guides costumed as people living here during the War of 1812 will conduct tours of the museum, school and nearby Youngstown Art of Peace Garden.
The history of the Town of Porter is shaped by the lower Niagara River and the Great Lakes, by its relationship to Old Fort Niagara, and proximity to Canada which gives it its economic and cultural heritage. Its purpose is to promote this heritage to local residents and visitors through a wide range of research and educational programs aimed at multi generational audiences, exhibits and collections, and an active museum that enhanced by collaboration and technology.
240 Lockport Street Youngstown, New York
Year built: 1892-93
Landscape type: Garden
Building type: Museum