Tag Archives: Farm Museum

Sanborn Lewiston Farm Museum – Niagara USA (FREE)

History of Sanborn, New York Originally Sanborn was called South Pekin, owing to its location near another village, Pekin, north of the present site of Sanborn. In 1846 the Reverend E. C. Sanborn came to the area. The village was named “Sanborn” when his son, Lee Sanborn, was made the Postmaster. Early Sanborn had a sawmill, a gristmill and a cheese factory among other businesses as indicated in this 1876 … Read more »