History of Sanborn, New York
Originally Sanborn was called South Pekin, owing to its location near another village, Pekin, north of the present site of Sanborn.
In 1846 the Reverend E. C. Sanborn came to the area. The village was named “Sanborn” when his son, Lee Sanborn, was made the Postmaster.
Early Sanborn had a sawmill, a gristmill and a cheese factory among other businesses as indicated in this 1876 print.
Sanborn Lewiston Farm Museum
Free Admission – Donations Accepted
Open Sundays: 2:00 to 4:00 PM
Open Wednesdays: 1:00 to 4:00 PM
April 20 to October 19
Museum Also Open by Appointment: Call 716-946-6811
Address: 2660 Saunders Settlement Road