March Break in Canada is a week off (in a few cases, two weeks off or a PD may be tacked on either end) for students grades JK through to 12 some time from the end of February to beginning of April.
The March Break in Canada may also be referred to as Spring Break, Winter Break or Mid-Winter Break, but March Break is most common, with Spring Break more of an American term. Reading Week tends to be what universities and colleges call their winter holiday.
March Break dates differ across Canada. In 2013, the dates are as follows:
- British Columbia: March 15 – 25, 2013
- Alberta: March 22 – April 2, 2013
- Manitoba: March 22 – April 1, 2013
- Saskatchewan: March 28 – April 8, 2013
- Ontario, Nova Scotia, and Newfoundland / Labrador: March 8 – 18, 2013
- PEI: March 15 – 25, 2013
- Quebec and New Brunswick: March 1 – March 11, 2013
- Northwest Territories, Yukon: Varies across the territory.
- There is no March Break in Nunavut, but there is a professional improvement week in February.
These dates are for the most part, but some specific schools may differ, especially in the Northwest Territories. Check specific locations or school websites if you need confirmation on the dates.
The St. Catharines Museum and Welland Canals Centre is going wild for March Break! The Fantastic Sea Monsters exhibit, which closes on March 24 will host a number of activities for you and your little monsters including various sea monster … Read more»