Canadian National Railway steam engine 6218 is the cornerstone artifact of the Fort Erie Railroad Museum. Built in 1948, the 4-8-4 wheel configuration Northern type served well into the 1960s. In its retirement it serves as a reminder of days past when Fort Erie boasted the third-largest railyard in Canada. As well as a host of artifacts including tools and telegraphic equipment, the original Grand Trunk Railway Station in Ridgeway and the CN B-1 station (used to monitor traffic over the International Railway Bridge) were moved to the railroad museum site and are being preserved. The B-1 serves as office and gift shop. The Ridgeway Station houses the main exhibit area.
Fort Erie Railway Museum
400 Central Avenue (N. of Gilmore Road)
Fort Erie, Ontario
Open daily Victoria Day Weekend to Labour Day Weekend, 9 am to 5 pm